Spring Reading For Kids


With a new season comes a chance for new scenery, and that includes the scenery of the mind! It's a great opportunity to introduce some books that pack the same punch of excitement that spring can offer in our daily lives.
I always look for adventure, transition, play, growth & nature this time of year! Come check out my picks for some fun reading.

For  Elementary Schoolers:


I love the Ivy & Bean series by Annie Barrows. These are early chapter books with lots of great pictures and definitely recommended for any kids who dreams of adventures with a friend!








Ronald Dahl has a huge collection of amazing work, but I will narrow it down to James and the Giant Peach for spring. This is a magical tale about a boy finding companionship among some unlikely bugs in a peach, a perfect spring read to get the imagination going!








I always come back to Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cornin. This is a great illustrated book that will excite kids to dig around in the garden and image the world beneath their feet! A favorite for our family.








For Preschoolers:


A new one out Hedgehugs and the Caterpillar by Streve Wilson is on our spring list. It is a perfectly illustrated book about friendship, curiosity and transformation--so many great ways to start a conversation with this one!







Of course I had to include Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. Really all her books are great tales of the forest friends around us and the books always enchant the kids and I!








And lastly I would like to include Richard Scary on the list, such as Best Word Book Ever.  His illustrations are so enchanting and the colors are vibrant to match the season.







There are so many ways to have an adventure I hope you'll share a book adventure with your kids! And if you are in need of a pack to carry all these wonderful reads be sure to check out my Etsy Shop for the Adventure Backpack!

Have I left out your favorite books? Let me know what is a must have this time of year for your family!

Until Next Time,
Laura


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through the Lava Fields

The Art Of Natural Dyeing - A Conversation with Jessica Unsell

Six Essentials For Your Adventure